Ok, you’ve had a look around, so now it’s time to configure your Curve client! Please watch the first chapter of our Getting Started tutorial. Further down, we have provided you with some helpful notes and further reading.
To reach your Settings on Curve, look at the sidebar navigation panel and towards the bottom you’ll find the Settings area. Click on the Settings directory then select the General page. This is where you configure the system to match your business. Please consider the below basic steps when configuring your client.
1. Provide Company Name & Address – This will be displayed on your royalty statements.
2. Select your preferred Date Format – Prefer a DD/MM/YY or a MM/DD/YY format? Select your preference here. This format will be used throughout your Curve client and on your royalty statements.
3. Select the Currencies in which you wish to account royalties – Your Home Currency will be the base currency in which all monetary values will be displayed throughout your Curve client. It will also be the default currency in which you create your statements. If you wish to account to your artists in currencies different to your Home Currency, you may opt to select up to three additional currencies.
4. Adjust your Channels, Configurations and Cost Types to fit your business – This is the single most important step when configuring your Curve client. These are the building blocks of how your data will be broken down. All revenue that you import to Curve will be mapped to one Channel and one Configuration. We will provide you with our default configurations, but you are free to adjust these as you please. The main things to consider are (1) Which level of detail is provided to you in your income files? (2) Which level of detail do you require to calculate your royalties? (3) Which level of detail do you wish to have for analytical purposes? Please make sure your configurations are clear, consistent and don’t overlap. For more information please visit our Best Practices documentation.
5. Provide a help email and custom texts to your statements – A help email will make sure your songwriters and publishers know who to reach out to when they have questions. But even better, your custom texts may already provide information and answers to frequently asked questions. Looking for some inspiration? Our best practices documentation on Client Communication may help you further.
6. Choose your preferred statement design – Example files of all possible statement design options can be downloaded here.
7. Upload your logo – Your business logo will be displayed on the songwriter’s statements. Your image can be in any format, but can be no larger than 500×500 pixels wide.
8. Provide a help email & custom texts to your emails – Whenever you invite a composer or publisher to their Curve portal or send out a new statement, your artist will receive an email from the Curve platform. As with your statements, you can customise these by providing a help email and custom text. Please consider our best practices documentation on Client Communication when adding your custom texts.
Once your Settings are complete, please follow us along to our next step: creating your Payees.